Thursday, August 02, 2012

Samsung Nexus S gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update

Google has started the roll out of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for its Nexus S Smartphone. The new Android 4.1 Jelly Bean JRO03E build for the Nexus S devices weighs about 114 MB and is available over the air (OTA). This update is available for the Nexus S GT-I9023 and GT-I9020 variants, according to a website.

Google had promised to push out the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S devices by mid of July. The Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S - both are Google Experience Devices because they run the basic (vanilla) build of the Android version without any customizations.

The new Android 4.1 Jelly Bean JRO03E build is meant only for GT-I9023 and GT-I9020T model number bearing devices. In India, Samsung has mostly sold the Nexus S GT-I9023 model that comes with Super LCD display. This update does not wipe out any user data but we still recommend taking a data backup.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Popular Posts